Monday, May 15, 2006

"I went to her of my own free will.
I went there wearing my self, bearing my soul.

In the Underworld - at each of Her Seven Gates - She had me stripped bear.
She removed from me all that I thought of my self.
She removed from me - and I let Her - till I stood bare in who I really am.

Only then did I truly see Her - Ereškigal!

She was huge and dark and smelt of moist earth.
She wore a crown of Seven Stars and a robe of liquid lapis.
Her face was fierce like a lion - with a predator's smile.
She who is the Devourer - Ereškigal!

She is all that I aspire to be, all that I have yet to learn, all that remains buried within.
She is what I have yet to be.

Ereškigal, my grandmother!
Ereškigal, my mother!
Ereškigal, my sister!
Ereškigal, my self!"

- Ninhursag ki

No comments: